random thoughts and trivia

Monday, November 24, 2003

Buying Gas

Tonight after grocery shopping, I drove to the nearby service station to top off my car's gas tank. There's nothing remarkable about doing that except a little over a year ago I wouldn't have dared.

You see I live in the area that was terrorized by John Allen Muhammad and Lee Boyd Malvo during their sniper spree. Today the jury at Muhammad's Virginia trial recommended he receive the death penalty.

While my own feelings on the death penalty generally are mixed, in this case, I have no doubts. Not only do I hope that the judge follows the jury's recommendation, I wish Virginia allowed executions to be carried out by firing squad. Somehow I think that would be even more fitting in this case.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com