random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, November 30, 2003

RCT I

A friend introduced me to Rollercoaster Tycoon I.   That game is ADDICTIVE!   It has sapped all my spare time for the past 6 months or so. But it's also a great deal of fun, absorbing interest, and challenging.

If you haven't heard of it, Rollercoaster Tycoon (or RCT I for people in the know) is a rather sophisticated simulation of amusement parks that are either provided or the player "builds" as part of each "scenario" (ie. challenge).

Along the way I learned how to design rollercoasters (not my forte) and layout amusement parks to maximize income and minimize problems with the "peeps" (guests of the amusement park which the game also simulates).

To put it frankly the peeps can be irritating at times since they easily get lost, often complaign, and frustratingly can leave the park in a huff if they're not kept happy. Oh and they barf all over the place (due to the effects of nauseating rides which they seem to prefer).

It has taken me months, and quite a bit of online help from other players who have web sites devoted to the game (including faq's and online Q & A boards), but I have finally won all of the scenarios. :)

My friend keeps asking me if I'm gonna buy RCT II now?   ARGH!!!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com