random thoughts and trivia

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Ads

I just noticed something that gave me a good laugh.

Logically enough blogspot, the host of this free blog, runs ads in a banner at the top. I just noticed that it seems to try to fit the ads to the blogger's topic or topics.

Amazon tries to do the same thing. It presents ads on it's initial page for items that it thinks are similar to other items that I've already purchased.

Amazon faces the problem that my taste in books is eclectic. I've purchased everything from gothic romance novels to Apache webserver tech books for myself with Dr. Seuss Children's books and multiple sets of Forever Knight DVD's as gifts for others thrown into the mix. As a result, Amazon's efforts to pidgeonhole just WHAT I'm likely to purchase next is hilarious.

Now blogspot faces the same problem trying to match it's ads with my blog. Only more so. With my trivia questions, the topics potentially could range even further. I think I'm going to enjoy watching what they come up with. *giggle*


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com