random thoughts and trivia

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Almost

Well, no more phone calls from the credit card company.

I forgot to mention that also on Sunday an "account representation" meaning collection agent of theirs phoned to "remind me" that I needed to send in a payment.

More of their getting all bent out of shape over the fact that I didn't pay the balance of $3.20 during the previous month???? Apparently. Although I've seen some (normal) companies just write off such a small sum and say "forget about it". But NOOOO not this credit card company!

To them, that $3.20 is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD! Or so they'd have you believe. I mean it's worth lowering someone's credit limit down to practically nothing. AND phoning someone on a SUNDAY to collect it.

Which actually seems odd to me. When I was growing up in another state, my parents most emphatically told me that if anyone tried to collect a debt on a Sunday, that the law immediately cancelled the debt. (Someone owed us money and I had suggested asking for it, when we happened to see that individual down the street from us, one Sunday afternoon.)

I guess that rule doesn't apply any longer, or maybe not in this state. Or maybe I should have shouted that at the man on the phone.

Instead he called at the BEST time (for my purposes) and probably the worst time for his. Once he identified the company he works for and why he was calling, he endured a lot of shouting from me, and he managed 5 whole words more, 'I understand you're upset but-' when I cut him off with a lot more shouting before finally hanging up on him.

In fact I could almost feel sorry for him. Almost. *giggle*


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com