random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, April 24, 2005

A Chicken

Yeah, I'm a chicken. I decided to edit yesterday's entry about a credit card company to eliminate mentioning their name. Not that I said anything wrong. If sued for slander or libel (I get them mixed up) I could prove that what I've written is true.

But why put myself thru a potential lawsuit? If you really want to know the name of the credit card company, email me, and I'll tell you privately.

Several people have read my comments already (according to the "Site Meter" tracking), so that I can take comfort that a few people have been warned off them.

And actually THAT particular company is NOT even the worst credit company I've crossed paths with. The one I wrote about yesterday is at least honest in their usury and disreputable practices. They're not outright crooks.

When I mail in a payment, they don't "lose it" and fail to credit my account for the sum. Another credit card company did just that --- two or three times in a row. I had a devil of a time even trying to pay them off when I couldn't trust them to actually credit me for making payments. ARGH.

It's a sorry state of affairs when even the post office has records that a payment was made and received, but a credit card company refuses to acknowledge it. That's what one company did and, yeah, that rates them the WORST credit card company in my judgement. So yesterday's villains are just second worst compared to them.

I think that I'll write up a more detailed explanation of what the WORST credit card company did in some other blog entry, at a later time.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com