random thoughts and trivia

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Credit Card Companies

I hate credit card companies. I really, REALLY do! Today I got a statement from one card which says that because I owed $3.20 last month and didn't pay it. That they have charged me $39.95 in fees and interest this month.

And aparently to them $39.95 is not even enough punishment for my oversight (or really my prior miscalculation). I had tried to calculate what the charges, fees and interest would be on the following statement when I made out my payment check two months ago and actually THAT miscalculation wouldn't have happened if they hadn't issued me a refund check of $47.30 in January. ARGH!

Get it? Their $47.30 refund of an my overpayment (ie. I had paid MORE money than owed) caused me to have this $3.20 balance owed in the first place. Without the unwanted refund, I'd still have paid $44.10 more than owed. But then with $47.30 owed to me, they couldn't charge me any interest or fees, so they had crafilty refunded that amount in January, so they could later charge me $39.95 in interest and fees on my $3.20 debt.

Anyway, as if punishing me by tacking on another $39.95 to that $3.20 that I still owed wasn't ENOUGH; they have lowered my credit limit to just above the current total. They're clearly hoping to double their fees by saying that the balance is over the limit if I use the card again and then charging me for an over-the-credit limit fee too (another $35.00 each month).

I KNEW it was a bad thing when Sears sold their Mastercards to this organization. Sears wouldn't have treated a customer this badly. The new owners would in a heartbeat.

And this isn't the first time that I've experienced problems with the new owners either. Years ago I had had a credit card issued directly by them and closed it, when one of their associates lied to me. I've phoned them twice about today's mailing and during the second call one of their associates AGAIN lied to me (the liar insisted that lowering my credit limit wouldn't impact my credit report -- it will.)

What the yokels at credit card companies forget is that I am a customer. I am THEIR customer! All I have to do for revenge, is pay off the bill and put their little card away. And never, NEVER use it again!

That little $39.95 is going to cost them a LOT more than $39.95 in future lost revenue from me -- each time I use some other method to pay for new purchases they lose a hefty percentage of the sale.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com