random thoughts and trivia

Monday, April 25, 2005

Credit Card Update

Well yesterday I dropped off a payment at the post office (for collection today) that SHOULD pay off the account in full this month PLUS be enough to cover what they'll charge me NEXT MONTH. This two month billing cycle thingie is how I miscalculated in the first place.

Any time you have interest one month, even when you pay the account in full, the credit card company has this new revenue generation gimmick whereby they still charge you interest (and possibly late fees and/or over-the-credit-limit fees) even though you've already paid the account in full.

I miscalculated two months ago and wound up $3.20 short. Which led to the $39.95 charges THIS MONTH.

I know it was stupid of me not to have noticed. Normally I'd just berate myself for the mistake, but what really set me off was their lowering my credit limit for the $3.20 that had gone unpaid for ONE WHOLE MONTH.

That $3.20 mistake in their little minds DESERVES to be punished with a permanent lowering of my credit limit! As they so informed me.

I phoned them twice about it on Saturday only to be told again, that I DESERVE to have my credit limit lowered.

So in my opinion, they DESERVE to lose me as a customer.

I've already cut their card in half, lest I ever at any time in the future, feel temped to use it again.

But I don't want to close the account. With a credit limit so low, identity thieves are not gonna be able to do much with it.

And that credit card company from time to time will be forced to waste postage money on me; whenever they have to send me some announcement or other about my account. I think of that as part of my revenge on them.

And when I left open my account with the other company (what I referred to as the WORST, most dishonest credit card company that I ever had the misfortune to cross paths with), when that other company had noticed that I didn't owe them any money, and wasn't currently using their card; they got real funny. That other company practically stood on their head trying to get me to use their card again. They kept sending me letters (wasting postage) offering me this or that, sending me those companion checks (wasting even more postage) every other week... I never fell for it, btw.

I wanna see if this company (who only earns the title of 2nd worst) falls into the same behavior.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com