random thoughts and trivia

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Credit Industry

I haven't carried a long-term balance on any credit card since I paid off the most crooked credit card company in existence. In fact my credit card usage has mostly evolved into payments for occasional online purchases and rental cars during infrequent out of town trips.

It's too bad that more Americans can't say the same thing.

I really, really hate credit card companies. That one fraudulent company has soured me on the whole bunch. In my opinion, the whole credit industry has a bad effect on individuals. They reward credit slavery with a high credit score which is sometimes used to screen potential employees.

When you think about it; is that a good idea? Employers hire people who have gotten themselves into debt slavery rather than people who avoid credit cards!

It seems to me that an employer should prefer someone who hadn't fallen into a trap like that.

And make no mistake about it, if you have few credit cards/loans on your credit history, you have a LOWER score than someone with a lot of activity. Your credit score is an estimate by the credit industry of how good you are at being a slave. It's not a measure of how good you are at avoiding their traps.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com