random thoughts and trivia

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

THE Fix????

Is THIS:
     <style>div { clear: none !important; }</style>
the correct fix?

After using my favorite HTML teaching site, HTMLGOODIES, I deciphered enough of my template and Zoe's template to realize that she had a style sheet which I didn't. When I copied that one inline stylesheet, the problem lessened.

If this messes up what Blogger was trying to give me with it's new picture uploading and storage feature, so be it. When I tried to USE that feature yesterday, it didn't work correctly with my preferred browser anyway. In fact, the ONLY browser I have in which it DID work was IE which I loathe (for it's many, many security bugs).

So, at least for the time being, I am going to leave that new inline stylesheet in place as a usable fix.

Update 1 -- I just got confirmation that this is one of the acceptable fixes for the
problem (unless or until Blogger comes up with something) and I've restored the sidebar links that I'd temporarily removed because of the bug.

Update 2 -- Now blogger is insulting my blog! Just because it uses an "older" template, "Split Pea", they aparently felt that it wasn't worth bothering about in their initial testing:
  We've got a solution that provides users an easy way 
to disable the markup that is causing them some layout
glitches with their blog. It will allow those who have
custom templates and certain older templates to
fix their blog up right proper. We're building and
testing the solution now and we'll let you know when
it is ready.

Update 3 -- Blogger has finially impletemented their "official fix" to the bug that they introduced days ago. So I have removed the "working fix":

<style>div { clear: none !important; }</style>

and have implemented Blogger's "offical fix":

1. Sign in to your Blogger Dashboard
2. Click the "Change Settings" icon next to your blog
3. Click "Formatting" under the Settings tab
4. Choose "No" on "Enable float alignment"


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com