random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Paying off CROOKED Credit Card Company--Part 1

I wrote earlier that I was able to finally pay off the WORST Most CROOKED Credit Card Company without their noticing what I was doing.

How did I do it?

Well first let me explain that I went from an initial debt of $1000 (to purchase a warranty for the replacement car after mine was stolen) to a debt of about $12000 in about five years. During that time I was still using that credit card for everyday purchases but with a balance, there was no "grace period" for interest on new purchases. With that and the occasional late payment penalty plus increases in the interest rate to the maximum allowed, this combined to create an almost annual doubling of the debt each year.

The monthly interest alone on that debt was well over $230. That was why I was in financial difficulty at the time that their employee caused the problems described in my earlier blog entry.

After that incident, I tried credit counseling organizations, but quickly discovered that they did not help someone in my situation. -- I didn't have multiple credit card debts. I had only ONE huge bill with a high interest rate. They were going to force me to stop using it (except I already had) and offer me counseling and a budget to curb my spending -- which wasn't exactly the problem.

Instead I had a dishonest credit card company levying huge interest and penalty charges against me each month.

My jerk of a brother, instead of offering help, said that the credit card company just wanted their money. I told him NO they have already collected more than the money they advanced to me, instead they wanted ALL OF MY MONEY -- FOREVER!

And I realized that I would have to get of the mess by myself. No one was going to help me.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com