random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Good News and Bad News

As the joke goes, I have some good news and some bad news; which do you want to hear first?

Ok the bad news first: remember I said that I didn't mind not using the credit card from the company that drastically lowered my credit limit (as revenge for my not paying a $3.20 bill one month) because I had ANOTHER new credit card that I could use instead. Well THAT new (to me) banking company just merged with the WORST Most CROOKED Credit Card Company in existance. *sigh*

As soon as I heard the news, I phoned my new credit card's banking company and told them to close that account. When they asked why, I told them (briefly) what their new partners had done. Their person on the phone would not take "no" for an answer and keep trying to talk me out of closing the credit card. I hung up and phoned back only to get a second service rep type who again refused to accept that I wanted to close my account. This one offered to lower my interest rate. "OK", I said, realizing that this person wasn't going to listen to what I was saying either. (And lowering the rate of a zero balance has zero effect on the non-debt, but this person seemed to think that it should have been a good enough bribe to entice me to keep the account open.)

When I phoned AGAIN (on the following day) I had a very long wait before finally being connected to a person (unlike the other two calls -- hehe -- guess I wasn't the only one phoning to close their account).

This third attempt finally got me someone who was willing to accept the fact that I will NOT keep a credit card from ANY company willing to merge with the WORST Most CROOKED Credit Card Company in existence. That, in fact, their willingness to partner with that company said bad things about THEM! And this rep finally agreed to close the account.

*sigh* Now I have to find ANOTHER new credit card to replace them.

So what's the GOOD news, you ask?

Apparently the reason that the WORST Most CROOKED Credit Card Company in existence was vulnerable to the buyout/merger from the banking company was BECAUSE they have made so many people angry that they've been losing money. It seems that too many of their customers have been pissed off enough to pay down their debt or do balance transfers to other companies (who did not abuse the public as badly). *giggle* It couldn't have happened to a more deserving company!!!!


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com