random thoughts and trivia

Thursday, July 07, 2005

London Today

Here's a link to a post by a London blogger who experienced the terrorism today (link from Boingboing).

I don't see any bio info on the blogger; he sounds young as he's living with his mum and sister, but also mentions he's finished University so I'm guessing he must be in his 20's.

His narrative sounds to me like a good description of the experience (ie. just an ordinary day suddenly turned upside down) and shows a very human reaction to those events. I know that often when you're caught up in the midst of some enormous event you never fully realize it, it's only afterwards when you can see it in perspective that it really hits you -- as he adds in this bit when responding to his reader's comments:
y'know it's weird. I've just smoked pot, drank lager, got home, read that, and cried my heart out because it felt like I was experiencing it for the first time. Isn't stress weird.

I'm really grateful for all the good wishes. I really do feel abnormally good to be alive right now.


I'm glad too, that he and hundreds of others survived the events. I just wish everyone had; that no one had been hurt; heck, I just wish the terrorists would go out in the middle of some desert and just blow themselves up (and no one else).


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com