random thoughts and trivia

Saturday, July 16, 2005

TWO Books

Just my luck, TWO books arrive today. *sigh*

Of course one of them is the long awaited Harry Potter. The second is a used paperback that I had ordered from BarnesandNoble.com online and which took about a week longer than it should have, to arrive. This one is a much beloved book from my childhood that I'd recently been reminded about and which I'd also been anxiously awaiting.

What to do? What to do?

I read the end of Harry Potter first.

Well I really only ordered it from amazon to get it early for skimming. I had only ever intended it to be a stop-gap until I could get the audiobook version from my library. So now I know who dies and how that book ends. (Or do I? I'm left with a nagging doubt about some "trick" or illusion and that maybe the death isn't as it really seems?)

Anyway now I can get down to reading the (much shorter) paperback from my own childhood. This book is still good. Nearly 50 years after it was originally copyrighted, there's only a couple of points that seem a mite out-of-date.

So why is "No Children No Pets" out of print?!? This book is good! And at a hundred twenty some odd pages, it's a lot easier and quicker to read that your typical Harry Potter book.

Ah well. Color me blissfully reading all this weekend.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com