random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Greenbelt Labor Day Festival

The Greenbelt Labor Day Festival is going on this weekend and I totally forgot. I had to work late Friday night and the last thing I had on my mind as I headed for home was making a detour enroute in order to drive over to the festival on it's opening night.

Yesterday I was glued to the Internet and cable news following the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. And trying to calm down, now that people are finally beginning to be rescued from the New Orleans convention center and superdome.

So today I finally remembered about the Labor Day Festival.

Although I usually attend the festival, I don't have happy memories of how, when I lived there, the local authorities practically "tarred and feathered me before running me out of town on a rail". (Greenbelt really, really, really hates tenants. They believe all tenants are scum who should be run out of town.)

So with gasoline at a record high price, I decided to forgo using the gasoline necessary to drive to Greenbelt, MD and just skipped attending the festival this year.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com