random thoughts and trivia

Monday, October 24, 2005

Anniversary of Sniper Arrests

None of the major news organizations seemed to have made note of the fact that today is the third anniversary of the  October 24, 2002 Washington area sniper arrests.

Maybe it's a news story that a lot of the nation has forgotten or maybe it's just lost in the coverage of the latest hurricane but I remember the terror that this whole region went thru. I've lived in this area for about three decades and NEVER before had I feared walking across parking lots or pumping my own gas. Yet during that reign of terror, either action got ordinary people killed.

I still don't understand the true motives of the snipers; I can only say that I hope they both meet with capital punishment. (Their various trials continue thru different jurisdictions.)


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com