random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Maryland Renaissance Festival

Despite my intensions as stated in this post, I actually only made it to the Maryland Renaissance Festival TODAY.

Horrendously rainy weather, extremely bad back/walking problems, and more cold rainy weather had all conspired against my attendance. Today was the last day for this year's festival so I managed to made it there on this sunny but only 60-ish degree day.

It was okay; really better than expected for the hour and half that I was there since I wore my winter coat (having nearly frozen there one year in similar temperatures). I got a tarot card reading, ate fish and chips, and managed to see two shows: O a Fool, and Dinty the Moore. Both shows were funny but not really my cup of tea.

None of my favorite performers were booked at the Maryland Renaissance Festival this year and only the prospect of a previously purchased ticket going to waste was enough to persuade me to brave the weather and finally go on the last possible day.

Oh well, I got home early enough to take a nap and still watch TV this evening.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com