random thoughts and trivia

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tornado in Indiana

A tornado has struck in southwestern Indiana.

Ummm isn't this a little bit off-season for tornados? I mean I was brought up VERY Tornado aware in southwestern Indiana. (My parents had narrowly escaped one some time prior to my birth.) And I thought they mostly occurred in the spring and summertime. This is November???? Global climate change?!? Global warming?!?

Anyway a quick check of the CNN map of it's path, shows that my family should all be ok, which is a relief.

In case you don't know Tornados are nasty. Their winds can be more powerful than that in a hurricane. Their path of wind destruction is generally much, MUCH worse than that of hurricanes; they just don't usually cause any flooding.


<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com